~Not to pay a debt but to acknowlege it~



"These brighter Regions which salute mine eyes
A Gift from God I take:
The Earth, the Seas, the Light, the Lofty Skies,
The Sun and Stars are mine: if these I prize."




Thursday, November 8, 2012

"Separate ways..."


~Birthday Card~

'Dear Philip,
Well dear friend- It's been a few years since my visit to Rockford and the great Morning spent with you at the pancake house and then the "Clock Museum"- I often think about that. I guess as we get older our thoughts often take us back in time- mine certainly do. My days- in classes at the Art Institute- were so happy and care free and my meeting with our "group" was so important to me in forming a determination to make ART my life's work. The earliest & best recollections I have are you & Walter Boyer & Vera Berdich & Arthur Ginzel etc & Miss Van & egg tempera.

~Rock River~
Ellen Lanyon


It's too bad in a way that all of us went separate ways... but I do think we all bonded that our friendship survived the distance and remains today. Now Roland will be celebrating his 80th birthday with an exhibit in Chicago. I wish you could be there. (We) spent Christmas in London and visited every museum... and thought of you often- it was a lark. I've become the computer user that I thought impossible. But the hand written message is still the best. I hope it conveys my true affection for you.

-Love, Ellen'
4/4/2001


P.D. at Roland Ginzel & Ellen Lanyon's wedding

No comments:

Post a Comment